Bids & Awards Committee
Republic Act 9184 Otherwise Known as the Government Procurement Reform Act under Section 12 and its 2016 Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR), requires the creation of the Bids and Awards Committee (BAC), Bids and Awards Committee Secretariat (BACSec), and Technical Working Group by the Head of Procuring Entity (HoPE). The BAC has a fixed term of one (1) year reckoned from the date of appointment, renewable at the discretion of the HoPE.
To facilitate and harmonize procedures and standards in the procurement process of the University, there are three (3) BACs, such as:
- BAC Goods/Regular. The BAC Goods/Regular is in-charge in the procurement activities under the General Appropriations Act (GAA), Revolving and Internally Funded Programs and Projects of the University.
- BAC Research. The BAC Research is in-charge in the procurement activities under the externally funded research programs and projects.
- BAC Infrastructure. The BAC Infrastructure is in-charge in the procurement activities under the General, Revolving, Internally and Externally funded infrastructure programs and projects.
The above committees are composed of seven (7) regular members following Section 11.2 of RA 9184 IRR:
- Chairperson, who is at least a third (3rd) ranking permanent official of the Procuring Entity;
- An officer, who is at least a fifth (5th) ranking permanent official, or if not available, an officer of the next lower rank with knowledge, experience and/or expertise in procurement who, to the extent possible, represents the legal or administrative area of the Procuring Entity: Provided, That in the case of bureaus, regional offices and sub-regional/district offices, BAC members shall be at least a third (3rd) ranking permanent personnel or if not available, an officer of the next lower rank;
- An officer who has technical expertise relevant to the procurement at hand, and, to the extent possible, has knowledge, experience and/or expertise in procurement; and
- A representative from the end-user or implementing unit who has knowledge of procurement laws and procedures. When procurement tasks are outsourced to another GoP agency as a procurement agent pursuant to Section 7.3.3, a representative from the Procuring Entity may be designated as a provisional member to the BAC. For this purpose, the procuring entity shall recommend the provisional member to be designated.
- An officer, who is at least a fifth (5th) ranking permanent official, or if not available, an officer of the next lower rank with knowledge, experience and/or expertise in procurement who, to the extent possible, represents the finance area of the Procuring Entity: Provided, That in the case of bureaus, regional offices and sub-regional/district offices, BAC members shall be at least a third (3rd) ranking permanent personnel or if not available, an officer of the next lower rank;
The Chairperson and the Vice-Chairperson shall also be designated by the HoPE. Moreover, the Vice-Chairperson shall be a regular member of the BAC. For purposes of this IRR, the term “permanent” shall refer to a plantilla position within the Procuring Entity concerned.
Bids and Awards Committee Secretariat (BACSec)/Procurement Unit
The Bids and Awards Committee Secretariat Office (BACSec Office) shall act as the central channel of communications for the CTU Tuburan Campus Bids and Awards Committee with end-user(s) or implementing units, other government agencies, providers of goods, infrastructure projects, and consulting services, observers, and the general public. It shall perform the following functions:
Procurement Management Planning
- Coordinate, consolidate and prepare Project Procurement Management Plans (PPMPs) and Annual Procurement Plans (APPs) from various units of the University;
- In-charge in the Procurement Management System (PMS) for efficient and effective procurement activities;
- Collect and store procurement data necessary in the preparation of reports required by the University, PhilGEPS, GPPB, DBM and other government agencies.
- Provide administrative support to the Bids and Awards Committee (BAC) and Technical Working Group (TWG) such as: preparation of Invitations, Notices, Bid Evaluation Reports, Post-Qualifications Evaluation Reports, etc. and facilitate presentation of reports to the BAC;
- Manage the sale and distribution of bidding documents to interested bidders;
- Advertise and/or post bidding opportunities, including bidding documents, and notices of awards;
- Provide administrative support in all Public Biddings (PB) and Alternative Modes of Procurement (AMP) of the University;
- Organize and make all necessary arrangements for BAC and the TWG meetings and conferences;
- Prepare agenda, minutes of meetings and resolutions of the BAC;
- Take custody of procurement documents and other records and ensure that all procurements undertaken by the Procuring Entity are properly documented;
- Coordinate and monitor procurement activities with end-users.
Contract Management and Monitoring Activities
- Prepare contracts and attachments for infrastructure projects; prepare owners-architects agreement (OAA) and attachments for consulting projects;
- Facilitate the processing and approval of contracts;
- Prepare Notice of Awards (NOA), Notice to Proceed (NTP), BAC Resolutions and other documents necessary in the contract implementation;
- Forward Notice of Awards (NOA), Notice of Bidding Results (NBR) and BAC Resolutions to the office of the Campus Director, respective offices and other concerned end-users;
- Monitor procurement activities and milestones for proper reporting to relevant agencies when required;
Administrative and Process Management/General Services
- Perform administrative functions i.e. Records Management, Human Resource, Budget, Supply and Property Management Prepare necessary reports of the Procurement Management Office i.e. Procurement Monitoring Report (PMR) and other procurement documents that are being required by the University.
- Monitor procurement activities and milestones for proper reporting to relevant agencies when required.
- Assist in the posting of procurement documents at PhilGEPS, BAC website and other conspicuous areas of the University.
- Disseminate latest updates and relevant information regarding the procurement process (latest revisions in the Implementing Rules and Regulations of Republic Act 9184, GPPB issuances, DBM circulars, etc.).
- Plan, coordinate and facilitate documentation and information dissemination of RA 9184 Otherwise Known as the Government Procurement Reform Act:
- Trainings/workshops/seminars and team building activities for the members of the BAC Sec, BAC, and TWG to equip them with the appropriate information and tools to professionally provide recommendations;
- Trainings/workshops/seminars for the end-user representatives to provide them with adequate understanding about the procurement process flows as well as latest updates in the IRR RA9184; and
- Seminars/fora for the current and prospective suppliers that would serve as venue to educate and promote transparencies in accordance with RA9184 Otherwise Known as the Government Procurement Act; and;
- Prepare and consolidate survey forms and reports that would serve as feedback mechanism towards the improvement of procurement.